Friday, July 10, 2009

Weekend weekend weekendddddd

It's Friday. Finally. This has been a looooooong week. Today I finally went on a journey to Gristedes, and returned everything that I need - including these really fantastic strawberry shortcake skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. Love that skinny cow.

Tonight I'm going to Joe's Pub, which is another facet of The Public. Some interns and I scored free tickets to see Joe Iconis tonight. I don't exactly know who that is... but free tickets are free tickets and if I've learned one thing from the powers that be at The Public is that if someone gives you tickets that are free and you don't have to wait in line you take them. Quickly and graciously. We're going out to a great (read: cheap) Thai restaurant beforehand. Apparently two of the interns know Joe or his people or something so we're supposedly going out with all them afterwards. We'll see.

Yesterday was our last Partner barbecue for 12th Night - and Pierce Brosnan was there, which tally's up the celebrity sightings this week to three, including both Martha Stewart and Meryl Streep. Exciting stuff. Yesterday I had some down time before the bbq so I got to hang in the box office and organize virtual line tickets. It sounds boring, but it was actually really fun watching Uncle Curt listen to "Fancy Dress", while subsequently google image searching Reba's fancy dress and explaining to me why it was a big deal (apparently it was very scandalous). It's always an adventure in the box.

Tomorrow Liz Staley and I are going to Fire Island! I've never been there but we're going to just hang on the beach and relax and get out of the city. I'm not sure what else there is to do there, but I do know that there are no cars so that means that it has to be charming, right? Either way it will do some good to take a break from the smell that's brewing within the NYC subway system. As always, pictures to follow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Positively 23rd Street | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates