Monday, July 13, 2009

Another Whirlwind

I'm not entirely sure how I end up where I do over the course of the days deemed "Friday" and "Saturday" but they do make for excellent stories. As previously discussed, I went to Joe's Pub on Friday night, being comped in as an intern. The show was all right but to be honest the guy sounded like a mix between Ben Folds and a guy that wanted to write successful musicals really, really badly. Which I guess is kind of what he was... luckily we had drink discounts (they do throw us interns some kind of bone).

Afterwards Lilli and I went to a party at an architect's loft. The architect himself is in Las Vegas or something building, so her friends, one of which is currently in The Lion King (!), are staying there until he comes back. Apparently they found the apartment listed on Craigslist. That's New York City. The place was crazy - there was art everywhere. Even the rugs were like art. There were sculptures, paintings, and all kinds of cool light installations. You know that scene in The Devil Wears Prada when Anne Hathaway goes to the party to drop off the sketches for that designer? THAT'S what that apartment looked like. Insane.

Saturday's plans to storm Fire Island didn't exactly happen because both Liz and I slept through out alarms. Oopsie. It's ok through because we ended up having brunch at The Boathouse in Central Park and feeding the ducks. Liz even managed to grab a turtle who was silly enough to be lured by a goldfish. It was gross but she enjoyed it. We even had a crowd form around us. I don't know how these things happen. We then proceeded to Shake Shack, where I have never been before - even though the first one is literally around the corner from my apartment. The food was pretty good, but I still think that Ruby's is better.

Today I had many plans, but alas none of them happened. I was going to go to a friend's comedy show (rescheduled for Tuesday), and go to the Twelfth Night closing night party but then I just got too tired and True Blood was on and 81st and CPW is way too far away to trek for only an hour. After all I do have work tomorrow.. I can't just go frolicking about. Even if it is with Public Theater personnel. True Blood was AWESOME by the way. I like to watch the show and say "Sookie" like Bill does (Say "Sookie" like "Cookie" instead of "Kooky"). It's a fun game. I highly recommend it. I very much look forward doing this as I enjoy my quiet week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Positively 23rd Street | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates